The entry deadline has passed for Stapleton Open Studios 2018. Please consider entering next year!
The application process generally opens between November-January timeframe and closes around the April-May timeframe.
General Information on Entry Requirements:
- Artists must live or work within the Stapleton community.
- Artists must agree to provide an educational component for visitors by demonstrating their creative process and materials; displaying the basic steps in completing their work, or verbally discussing the process of their work for visitors.
- Artists must derive a portion of their income from their art.
- Artists must have a minimum of 12 pieces to be exhibited during Open Studios. New work is highly encouraged.
- Artists must agree to be in their studio during all hours of the Open Studios event.
- Artists must be responsible for all required City, County and State Sales Tax in the event of sales during the Open Studios.
- Studios must be within the Stapleton development area. Artists are allowed to group together in one location for the show if desired.
- An application fee must accompany the Commitment Application.
- Sponsorship is imperative for the continuation of the tour, therefore an additional fee will be imposed on each artist that does not secure at least one sponsor for the tour. Artists who contribute to committee leadership (website, social media, sign committee, etc.) are exempt from the additional fee.
- This is an artist run organization. We need every artist to step up and assist with some component of the event and event planning. Monthly meetings leading up to the event in September will be planned to organize and coordinate volunteer efforts and overall planning of the event. Attendance at these meetings is required.